If you love sunflower seeds, you will love these banana cookies also studded with chocolate chips. Feel free to double up on the sunflower seeds and omit the chocolate chips. Dried fruit may also be substituted.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 very ripe medium bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips or dried fruit
In a large bowl, beat bananas, butter, and sugar on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
Add flour mixture half at a time, beating to incorporate. Fold in sunflower seeds and chocolatechips.
Refrigerate cookie dough for 45 minutes to 1 hour. (Cold dough helps keep the cookies from spreading.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with Silpats or parchment paper.
Scoop about 1 teaspoonful of cookie dough for each cookie and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
Yield: about 36 cookies