Some things are best left unchanged, and banana pudding is one of them. This classic banana pudding is fast, easy and will remind you of the good old days. Fresh bananas are layered with vanilla wafer cookies and a rich vanilla pudding for a no-bake dessert that will please all.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 (4-serving-size) package instant French vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy whipping cream
- 40 vanilla wafers cookies (about)
- 3 to 4 medium bananas, sliced and dipped in lemon juice from concentrate
- 4 vanilla wafers, crushed to crumbs for garnish
Meanwhile, whip heavy cream to stiff peaks. Fold whipped cream into chilled pudding mixture until combined.
Select a large (3-quart) decorative glass bowl. Spread 1/2 cup of pudding around the bottom of the bowl and top with one-third of the vanilla wafers, followed by one-third of the bananasand one-third of the remaining pudding. Continue layers, finishing with pudding on top. Sprinkle with crushed vanilla wafer crumbs. Chill at least 4 hours before serving.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings