Or rather, everything but the kitchen sink would be a more appropriate title. This delicious cake includes fruits, nuts, and vegetables all in one tasty package. It is moist and dense thanks to the carrots, pineapple, bananas, and raisins. Even carrot cake haters love this version. This is the best fruitcake you’ll ever eat.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups finely grated carrots (about 2 large – see Note)
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, then drained and patted dry
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick foil or grease and flour pan.In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat vegetable oil, white sugar, brown sugar, and eggs on medium speed until combined. Whisk in carrots, pineapple, and bananas.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients a third at a time until incorporated. Fold in pecans and raisins.
Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until tester in center of cake comes out clean. Cool to room temperature.
Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl until smooth. Spread frosting over cake.
Yield: 24 to 36 servings, depending on cut size
Note: A microplane works best for finely grating the carrots.