Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely diced banana
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In large bowl of mixer beat eggs until light. Gradually beat in sugar and honey until mixture is light and fluffy. Slowly beat in oil.
Turn batter into greased, floured 9 to 10-inch fluted tube pan. Bake in preheated 350-degree F oven 50 to 60 minutes, then invert on rack and remove from pan. Cool completely.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe Source: The Old Farmer’s Almanac Hearth and Home Companion (Random House)