Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups self-rising flour (see Notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup grated zucchini, excess water squeezed out
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9- x 5- x 3-inch loaf pan or large muffin tins.
In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugars, vegetable oil, sour cream, and vanilla. Stir in banana. Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour mixture, mixing only until combined. (Small lumps will bake out.) Fold in zucchini and pecans.
Pour into prepared loaf pan or muffin tins. Bake about 45 minutes to 1 hour for the loaf and about 25 to 30 minutes for the muffins, until center tests done with a toothpick. Let rest in pan for 5 minutes, then turn onto a rack to cool.
Best served warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 1 loaf or 12 muffins
Notes: Be sure to use self-rising flour for this recipe. All-purpose flour will make it too dense and gummy.