Banana skins which have been considered as waste and odorless, bring flies and will make slip if carelessly throw, it contains a lot of chemical elements or compounds that are useful. Compounds contained in the banana skin such as lignocellulose, carbohydrates, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, sulfur and others.
Producing xylanase enzyme
Banana skin microorganism Bacillus fermentation media used will produce xylanase enzyme. That is because banana peels contain a substrate in the form of xylan (silane). To generate growth and provide good activity then the ratio C / N in the media is 8:1 and the addition of molasses or sugar solution. In order for an enzyme produced durable then appropriate measures are put at room temperature and in the form of flour. Xylanase enzyme has many benefits such as a replacement for chlorine in the paper industry, deinking or disposal functioning ink on recycled paper processing, replacement of fat in foods, tapioca cassava processing for animal feed and control release tablets for the pharmaceutical industry. Xylanase can also be used to reduce industrial pollutants than exolite. The results showed that the xylanase is more potent when compared with exolite. But now a new xylanase dimafaatkan for pulp and paper industry, that too is still limited. Though the use of banana peels as a producer of xylanase is a step in telling and selling high.
Aside from being a producer of xylanase enzyme, a banana peel is also an organic material that contains chemical elements such as magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, sulfur can be utilized As with organic fertilizer. Organic fertilizer with a banana skin material can be in solid or liquid form.
1. Solid form
Organic fertilizer with a banana skin material in solid form are as follows:
- banana skin is cut or chopped and moistened
- banana skin that has been cut or chopped mixed with bran or bran. Comparison of the mixture and the banana peel bran or bran is 20: 1.
- ¼ kg sugar diluted with as much as one liter of water, then into the sugar solution is placed ¼ liter of bacterial and stir until blended.
- bacteria + sugar mixture solution was poured into a mixture of banana skins and bran or bran, mix well then digundukkan or stacked to a height of 15-20 cm and cover tightly.
- Within 4-7 days of organic fertilizer made from banana skins ready to use.
2. Liquid form
Organic fertilizer with a banana skin material in liquid form are as follows:
- Skin blended or mashed banana to form a liquid. Each 10 kg banana peels mixed with 10 liters of water.
- Liquid banana peel is mixed with a solution of sugar and bacteria. The composition of the bacteria and the sugar solution as in the manufacture of organic fertilizer in solid form.
- The solution is soaked for 3-4 days. After 3-4 days of ready to use liquid organic fertilizer. Each 1 liter of liquid organic fertilizer banana peel dissolved in 10 liters of water.
Now, already know the great benefits contained in the banana peel. Allah is the creator of the Most Perfect, beneficial to all creation. Love the environment and back to nature.
*) Created by Ariyani, SP.